Universities that do not require JAMB result for admission in Nigeria can be seen on this site. Before we look into the main topic of discussion, we will like to look at institutions or programs that do not require JAMB for admission. Number one the list is the NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA(NOUN)
Notice !!! There is a new website where students can gain primary as well senior secondary education from the comfort of their home, You can visit learn at home audio website to gain more information.
Learn more about learn at home audio.
You are on the right page to get all all the information concerning the following
Table of Contents
National open University of Nigeria
This is also an institution that doesn’t require JAMB for admission. Now this institution aims at encouraging distance learning, it gives opportunity to everyone. When I mean everyone, I mean both youths and adults, even adults with working class.
The institution is also a federal open and distance learning (ODL). It is the largest institution in Nigeria in terms of number of students and it is also the first of it’s kind in the west African sub region. It’s objective can be listed below
- Ensures students are enrolled for the different programmes that are offered in the institution
- Create demand-driven academic programmes that will profit the society
- Links with other universities
- Ensures staffs are competent in the university
- Encourages the use of technologies for quality learning
Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board |IJMB
IJMB: meaning Interim Joint Matriculation Board, It is a PROVEN, APPROVED & CERTIFIED Advanced level programme owned & moderated by Ahmadu Bello University and having coordinating body in various tertiary institutions and different Study Centres Nationwide. The programme runs for a period of one academic session(9-12month) divided in two(2) semesters. It is specifically designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Nigerian Universities for one reason or the other, as it does requires JAMB nor post UTME, Also awaiting O’level result candidates can Enrol.
The programme is open to all interested candidates nationwide and any course can be offered be it Science, Art or Social Science. Candidates are to be lectured for the stipulated period at their respective Study Centre and thereafter sit for the final examination. On completion of the programme, successful candidates thereafter use their IJMB certificate to secure admission into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution by means of Direct Entry. Hence, IJMB is recognized and accepted in more than 80% of Nigeria Federal, state and private Universities and also abroad. The programme can be applied for in any of the tertiary institution that presently coordinate it, Thus interested candidates are advised to visit the official websites of this institution
Diploma/Basic pre-degree program
Still on the university that does not require JAMB for admission, we’ll consider the heading above. Though this is not an institution but a program.
This program runs for about 7-9 months depending on the school. This program also enables a candidate after succeeding in the program to be in 200lv for his or her desired institution. It’s more like direct entry.
We also have Bodies like the INTERIM JOINT AND MATRICULATION BOARD(IJMB) that sees to admitting candidates without JAMB.
Mostly all Nigeria tertiary institution offers a diploma and/or pre-degree programme or something similar. Diploma is a programme that runs for a period of 1/2/3 years depending on the preferred school and course, in which upon successful completion allows candidates to secure admission into 200level via Direct Entry mode into same university. On the other hand, Pre-degree is a programme which runs for a period of an academic session(7-12month) divided in two(2) semesters depending on the school, in which upon successful completion allows candidates to secure admission into 100level in same university.
In addition to my findings about Pre-degree programmes, On completion of the programme some schools require candidates to meet up to Jamb university cutoff before 100level admission can be secured, while some only requires candidates to write jamb only.
Through A’level Examination to gain admission to foreign universities:
There are numerous legitimate educational institutes and consult across the country having affiliation with international bodies that operates Advanced level programmes and examination such as Cambridge A’level, GSAT, TOEFL, GMAT and many more, in which upon successful completion can be used to apply for admission into 200level in any tertiary institution via Direct Entry.
Moreso, these other A’level certificates is accepted in all Nigeria Universities and can as well be used abroad.
Before we look into some Universities that do not require JAMB result admission, let us look at Polytechnics that do not Universities that do not require JAMB result for admission.
What are the polythenics That Do Not Require Jamb result For Admission in NIgeria?
You will find them below
List of Polytechnics that do not require JAMB result for admission
Here are the list of Polytechnics in Nigeria that do not require JAMB for admission.
- Federal Polytechnic Ede
- Federal Polytechnic Offa
- Osun State Polytechnic Iree
- Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke
- The Polytechnic Ibadan
- Oke Ogun Polytechnic, Saki
- Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- The Polytechnic Ibadan
What are the Universities That Do Not Require Jamb result For Admission in Nigeria?
You will find them below
List of private universities that do not require JAMB for admission
Under this heading, you will see universities that do not require jamb for admission. Mind you, it is mostly private universities that give admission without jamb. All you need is your O level result and provided you can afford it’s tuition fee, then your good to go.
Here are the list
- Babcock University, llishan Remo
- Madonna University, Okija
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Redeemers University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nke, Enugu
- Bingham University, AutaBalefi, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun State
- Kwararafa University, Wukari (formerly Wukari Jubilee University)
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji Osun State
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
- The Achievers University, Owo
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu- Nike, Enugu State
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Paul University, Awka, Anambra State
- Rhema University, Obeama-Asa, Rivers State
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa, Edo State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Baze University, Abuja
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Elizade University, llara- Mokin, Ondo State
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- McPherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo, Ogun State
- Southwestern University, Okun Owa, Ogun State
- Augustine, University, llara, Lagos State
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Hallmark University, Ijebu Itele, Ogun State
- Kings University, Ode Omu, Osun State
- Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State
- Mountain Top University, Ogun State
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
- Summit University, Offa, Kwara State
- Edwin Clark University, University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos
- Arthur Jarvis Akpabuyo University, Calabar, Cross River
- Clifford University, Owerinta, Abia
- Coal City University, Enugu
- Crown Hill University, Kwara
- Dominican University, Ibadan, Oyo
- Kola Daisy University, also in Ibadan
- Legacy University, Okija, Anambra State
I am Promise Ekpo Osaine, a First Class Computer Engineering graduate, SEO Expert, Web designer and Digital Marketer. As a way of giving back, I am passionate about sharing news on Education, Scholarships, Internships, Business, Jobs and Gadgets. Stick with me to get real value