Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications,Price and Release Date
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications are simply out of the world and just to die for.
Just in case you don’t know, the new Samsung s9 is out!!! Officially, it has been made public at the brand’s MWC 2018 press conference. Also, the Galaxy S9 plus was also revealed at the same time.
As sweet as we are, we are here to put together a comprehensive post on the specifications, date of release and price and every other single detail you need to know. Even down to the new awesome Samsung’s Bixby virtual assistant and what it entails.
Table of Contents
What is the Official Samsung Galaxy S9 release date?
The Samsung Galaxy S9 was officially unveiled on stage at MWC 2018. The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date is February 25 2018.
When will Samsung Galaxy S9 be available for Pre-order?
To acquire the Galaxy S9, you’ll be able to pre-order it from 7PM GMT on February 25 in the UK. Those in the US have to wait until March 1 for pre-orders to start. Globally, the Galaxy S9 release date is set for March 16.
What is Samsung Galaxy S9 price?
Samsung phones are quite expensive. The Samsung galaxy s9 price will be no different. It will cost about £739 or $719.99(an estimate of AU$1310) Official SIM-free directly from Samsung.
Basic Specifications of Samsung S9
Display resolution: QHD+ (1440 x 2960)
Display size: 5.8-inch, 18.5:9 ratio
Display tech: Super AMOLED
Chipset: Exynos 9810/Snapdragon 845
RAM Capacity: 4GB
Storage Capacity: 64GB
Rear camera: 12MP
Front camera: 8MP
Battery Capacity: 3,000mAh
Operating Software: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
More on the Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications: Screen
- Compared to Galaxy S8, it has smaller upper and lower bezels.
- It has a 5.8-inch QHD+ screen with 567 pixels per inch.
- Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 2960.
- It has the Same Infinity Display design we’ve seen on Galaxy S8 and Note 8.
- No major improvements over the display on the Galaxy S8.
- No in-screen fingerprint scanner here.
- The 567 pixels per inch enable a super-crisp and clear picture for the high-end flagship device.
- Screen ratio of 18.5:9 allows for the similar size screen in a smaller body than the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications: Design
- Basically analogous design to the Galaxy S8.
- A fingerprint scanner below the rear camera.
- The headphone jack remains.
- A glass back, a rounded display on the front and slim bezels, with the aim of merging the screen almost seamlessly with the body of the handset.
- Colors Available: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray and Lilac Purple.
- USB-C slot for charging and data transfer
- 2 speakers which are one and a half times louder than the Galaxy S8.
- Dolby ATMOS surround sound technology.
- IP68 waterproofing.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications: Camera
- Super-slow-motion video as well as added animated emoji features.
- A single-lens camera with variable aperture.
- Dual-aperture technology the camera automatically adjusting the aperture depending on the scene you’re shooting, much like the human eye adapts to changing light.,
- 12MP rear sensor with optical image stabilization,
- In daylight, it adjusts f/2.4 aperture. At night, it adjusts f/1.5 aperture. The F1.5 aperture mode finds light even in the dark. So the low light camera delivers vibrant photos late into the night. Meaning your camera no longer has a curfew.
- Automatic motion detect, which will robotically begin to record the moment the camera detects movement, to enable recording only the relevant moments in slow motion.
- Front 8MP shooter with an f/1.7 aperture for the facial recognition technology.
- Concerning videos, Super Slow-mo lets you see the parts you could have missed in the blink of an eye. Set the video to music or turn it into a looping GIF, and share it with a tap. Then sit back and enjoy the reactions roll in.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications: Battery
- A Battery Capacity of 3,000mAh battery. Just like Galaxy S8, there’s a 3,000mAh cell inside the Galaxy S9 to power it along on a daily basis.
- Wireless charging technology to enable use of an array of different pads to charge up your phone without plugging it in.
- Enhanced power efficiency.
- Fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Processors
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 will available in models in the US for processing power.
- Other models will have Samsung Exynos 9810 chipset inside in the UK.
- 4GB of RAM in all versions of the Galaxy S9.
- The Galaxy S9 Plus will offer 6GB with slots for microSD cards for up to 256GB of extra space.
Other Things to Note
- Augmented Reality on the front camera for Animoji-like features.
- Bixby Vision improvements to the personal assistant.
- AR(augmented reality) emoji which uses the front camera to take a selfie and make an emoji based on your looks.
- Improvements to its Bixby Vision project .Foe example, When you’re in the camera app you can tap the Bixby option to access a diversity of different new features, like tracking the place you’re in or pointing it at food, at which point it will try to work out what it is and even estimate the calories.
- Live Translation that allows you to put the camera over a menu or text and auto translate it. You’ll need an internet connection and to wait a few moments for this to work, but it’s an interesting addition that may come in useful when you’re traveling.
- Bixby Vision offers an enhanced beauty mode, so you can change the look of your selfies too.
I am Promise Ekpo Osaine, a First Class Computer Engineering graduate, SEO Expert, Web designer and Digital Marketer. As a way of giving back, I am passionate about sharing news on Education, Scholarships, Internships, Business, Jobs and Gadgets. Stick with me to get real value